Best Throw Pillows for Sofa Bed
The decorative power of throw pillows is known to many; this is why you find them all over people’s apartments. From couch tops to desk chairs, they can fit on almost every piece of furniture.
There are so many types of throw pillows that you might be confused about which one to pick. Trust us when we say that we know how tedious that can be. Ready to change the look of your room? Throw pillows can come in handy. Also, if you are more inclined to get the best throw pillows for your living room, we have prepared this guide to assist you in making the most suitable choice for the best sofa pillows.
First, you ought to know more about the throw pillows you are about to choose for your home. That is why we have created a list of the best couch pillows ever for you. Check our compilation of colorful throw pillows for the couch together with a few basic details in the table below:
What Is a Throw Pillow?
They are called throw pillows because they belong to any particular part of the house or a piece of furniture but are tossed onto it. They are small pillows used primarily for decorative purposes. Throw pillows can be used on the couch, sofa, bed, desk chairs, and even tables. There is one thing that everyone with a knowledge of pillows agrees on; Throw pillows make for the best decorative pillows.
Although throw pillows serve mainly to add color to your room, they also perform other functions. You can use them in place of ordinary pillows once in a while but, they may be uncomfortable. That is because throw pillows are not designed for sleep.
While some of them are extremely soft, others are sturdy. Regardless of the materials used in making them, they are not as comfortable for sleep as the regular pillows.
Types of Throw Pillows
Like many other types of pillows out there, throw pillows can be categorized in several ways. They can be grouped by size, shape, casing material, and fillings. We will discuss some of the throw pillow styles available under each category.
Classification by size
- Small throw pillow: They are those cute little throw pillows you find around. They are about a quarter of a standard pillow. They can fit on any piece of furniture, from desk chairs to your armchairs.
- Large throw pillows: These throw pillows are about the size of standard pillows. They can fit on large furniture where you do not mind them taking up big spaces. They can also be useful as large throw pillows for the couch.
- Extra large throw pillows: They can be bigger than standard pillows. You can use them on the bed or on your big sofa where they won’t seem oversized or take up spaces unnecessarily. They are suitable as living room sofa pillows.
Classification by material and fillings
- Down throw pillows: These throw pillows are down filled. Downs are the fluffy cluster plucked from beneath the feathers of a bird. They can also be filled with artificial fibers close to the natural down. One of the advantages of the down throw pillow is that they are plush and comfortable. The down throw pillow is fluffier and huggable than most of the other types.
- Polyester throw pillows: Polyester is an artificial filling. Polyester is used for both the fillings and covering of most of the modern throw pillows for sofas. The fabric is highly durable and sleek.
- Silk: Some throw pillow casings are made with silk. They can be filled with materials like shredded memory foam and polyester. You will not find many silk pillows with feather fillings because the quills can easily poke.
- Down alternative throw pillows: They are solely filled with artificial fibers as an imitation of down. The material they are made of makes them one of the most comfortable throw pillows. They are moldable, durable, and machine washable.
- Latex throw pillows: Latex throw pillows are considerably soft. They are antimicrobial and hypoallergenic. Latex throw pillows are suitable for homes where there are people with allergies. Because of the latex used in making them, you cannot wash latex throw pillows in the washing machine. They are also subject to mold if not dried well.
Throw pillows can come in diverse shapes. Some of them are; square, rectangular, circular, star, shell, oval, and many other creative shapes.
Benefits Of Throw Pillows
Throw pillows have a lot of advantages to offer. Some of these pillow benefits are:
- Decorate Your Home: Do you want to make your home look a little fancier? There are so many nice throw pillows at your disposal now. You can choose the modern sofa pillows to give your room a classy feel or even buy the trendy throw pillows to jump on the trends. The right blend of living room sofa pillows can brighten the space and give it a new look.
- Give Your Room a Cozy Look And A Homey Feel: Throw pillows can completely change the atmosphere of your room. When you blend the designs creatively, you can achieve a homey feel that relaxes whoever walks into the room.
- Comfort: You can find comfort in your throw pillows when going through various emotional moments. Trust them to take all the punches, squeezes, and tears whenever you need them.
- Keep The Babies Safe: Throw pillows can function as support for babies. You can place the pillows around babies to support them, especially when they are just learning to sit. The pillows can serve as barriers too to protect the babies from moving towards dangerous places or falling.
How Long Will a Throw Pillow Last?
Throw pillows are not used regularly like regular pillows. They serve as decors mostly. The less frequent use makes them last longer than ordinary pillows. They can last more than four years if you take care of them properly. However, throw pillows are to be replaced every one to two years.
Since most throw pillows are affordable, you should have no problem replacing them regularly. If you want them to last much longer, go for washable throw pillows, ensure they are well cared for and used appropriately.
With so many designs of throw pillows available out there, it might be a tedious task having to make a decision. However, when you know the correct criteria to look out for, you will make the best decision faster.
We hope you found this guide helpful, and we wish you the most amazing experience while shopping for the most beautiful throw pillows that you can find for your home.
Are throw pillows good for your sleep?
Throw pillows are not ideal for sleep. They are mainly made for decorative purposes. Sleeping with them may be uncomfortable depending on the materials they were made with and their sizes.
How do I wash my throw pillow?
Most throw pillows come with care labels. You can refer to those labels to find out the appropriate steps to clean your throw pillows.
How much do throw pillows cost?
You can get a throw pillow for as low as $10. However, if you want high quality throw pillows, prepare upwards of $50 for a piece.
Tags: top rated mattresses, best type of mattress, full size mattress, nectar mattress cost, face down stomach sleeper pillow, tulo liv mattress, best mattress for couples with different weights, waterbed mattress dimensions, aireloom mattress review 2022, standard twin mattress