Split King Size Mattress vs. King Size
Before now, you must have heard of king mattresses. These mattresses are the largest standard mattress sizes in the market, hence the name “king”. And they are also the best options for anyone who appreciates their privacy.
Below, you will discover benefits, disadvantages, and general features of the split king and king mattresses.
What Is a King Mattress?
The dimension of a king mattress is 76 by 80 inches. It is the most suitable choice for couples and offers enough personal space for both sleepers. Due to their size, the recommended bedroom space for them is usually 12 by 12 feet. This is so that they can fit comfortably with space for furniture and walking.
What Is a Split King Mattress?
Just like the King mattress, the Split king mattress measurements are exactly 76 by 80 inches. What does split king mean? It implies a division through the middle. The Split king mattress forms two distinct mattresses instead of one, with each mattress being 38 inches wide. It provides personalized comfort on either side of the bed, which makes it an ideal selection for couples with different preferences as regards sleep.
Split King vs King mattress Comparison Table
Here, we will answer the question: What’s the difference between king and split king mattresses?
|SPLIT KING MATTRESS||KING MATTRESS|
|The Split king mattress takes different sleeping preferences into consideration, and caters to them.||The king mattress is not the perfect choice for sleepers with different sleeping preferences.|
|The split king mattress stamps out motion transfer due to the distinction between the two mattresses.||The king mattress does not stamp out motion transfer to the same tune as the split king mattress.|
Advice For Choosing
Put these criteria in mind when shopping for the king or split king mattress:
- Motion transfer: If you often switch poses in your sleep, then go for the split king mattress. It does away with motion transfer, thus, one’s movements will not effect on the other person.
- If you are a couple whose sleeping styles are different from each other, the split king mattress is your immediate go-to. This way, the sleeping style of one partner would bear the other person no burden.
- The king mattress provides couples the luxury of space, with enough room for a child to sleep in. If your family co-sleeps, the king mattress is your best bet.
Pros and Cons of the Split King Mattress
- Easier transportation due to its split feature.
- Each side of the mattress can be customized to its sleeper’s preference.
- It is relatively costly.
- It may be a hassle getting split king mattress sheets
Pros and Cons of the King Mattress
- It is the ideal couples’ choice it gives each sleeper their own space.
- It fits well in the master bedrooms.
- It is heavier and requires a higher difficulty in transportation than the split king mattress.
- It is not recommended for bedrooms smaller than 12 by 12 feet
Making the appropriate choice of mattress for your room might look herculean. This is why we have made this guide for you. King or split king mattresses are ideal choices for couples who cherish their privacy, yet adore a comfy bed. I believe you have learnt a few salient things from this article.
What’s the main difference between King Mattress and Split King?
The split king has a midline division, resulting in two equal mattresses, while the king mattress is one big regular mattress. Secondly, the split king can accommodate couples with different sleep preferences while the king mattress cannot.
Is a Split king mattress the same size as a King?
Yes. The only difference is the midline division running through the Split king mattress. The split king mattress and the King mattress are equally sized.
Tags: most comfortable mattress, firm mattress shoulder pain, top quality mattresses for combination sleepers, aireloom mattress ratings, vibe mattress, pillow top mattress vs memory foam, memory foam mattress for stomach sleepers, best mattress for sciatica pain, lull mattress review, best organic mattress