The Most Comfortable Plush Mattresses
Everyone enjoys kicking back and putting their feet up in a warm cosy bed after a long day. And what better way to sink in and let the worries melt away than a super soft mattress, or an ultra-plush mattress. Soft mattresses have always been considered the ideal mattress, but sometimes you need a little plusher in your life. In our review, we will tell you all you need to know about soft mattresses and guide you into choosing the best soft mattress to cater to all your needs.
Why bother going through our plush mattress review? It is always best to learn about a product in the market first before buying it. Even something as simple as a plush mattress has certain peculiarities that not everyone is aware of. And it is best to learn about these peculiarities first-hand before buying them on your next shopping spree.
The demand for soft and plush mattresses is always high in the market, and for a good reason. Anyone can tell you that the most comfortable soft mattress is the one that is a little more plushie than the usual standard.
Already know what you want? Then why not browse our selection of the best plush mattress in the market right here:
What is a Plush Mattress?
A better question is, what does a plush mattress mean? And long story short, it is a super soft mattress that is often described as being cloud-like. Plush mattresses provide sleepers with plenty of cushions, adding more comfort and allowing the sleeper to forget all their worries and de-stress.
The type of mattress you use is an integral part of maintaining good back health and posture. Plush mattresses are no exception in this regard. The softness and firmness of mattresses are on a spectrum, and a plush mattress is on the far end of it. Plush mattresses appeal to many sleepers since they contour and cradle the body. This property also makes a plush mattress the ideal choice for side sleepers that need an extra cushion for the shoulders and hips. These mattresses push the spine into alignment and ensure it remains that way. It also adds less pressure on the spine as well, making them luxurious bedding for side sleepers and sometimes sleepers with pain.
It is up to the individual to decide which is the best plush mattress since there is no real best variant. It depends on what you need, and whether it matches your preference. Some people that live alone prefer the extra room that a plush queen mattress provides, while others enjoy a plush king mattress with their partners.
On the other hand, the comfort of a plush twin mattress is considered a luxury thanks to its additional padding layers that invite a sinking feeling.
Like most mattresses, the comfort of a plush mattress also depends on the material used during manufacturing. Hybrids, innerspring, latex, and of course super soft foam mattresses are all different materials.
- Hybrid plush mattresses combine the comfort systems of different materials in one place with a coil support core. They often use cotton, wool, polyfoam, and memory foam among other compositions, and combine them into one. Hybrid plush mattresses are best known for using the best features of all other types with the added comfort level of a super soft mattress.
- Innersprings use metal coils with soft paddings that provide support to the sleeper. Although innerspring is the most affordable and widely available type of mattress, it is not as popular when combined with plush mattresses. They are more inclined towards firmer mattresses.
- Latex is popular in all types of mattresses regardless of firmness level. A plush mattress made with latex will not only provide you with a cloud-like feeling but also offers the benefits of a natural material free of chemicals. They are known for being breathable, bouncy, and for contouring without sinking. Latex plush mattresses contour to the body and relieve pressure points. They do so by spreading the compression to a wider surface area, which often gives the feeling that the sleeper is floating on the mattress instead of sinking into the mattress as is the usual feeling with plush mattresses.
- Plush mattresses with foam are perhaps the most comfortable variant, and most appealing as well. Foam directly compresses under the sleeper’s weight rather than spreading it to a wider area like with ultra-plush mattresses. This creates a hugging sensation that also cushions the shoulders which makes it one of the best plush mattresses for side sleepers.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Plush Mattress?
Plush mattresses offer cushions to the back of a sleeper rather than support. The material used during manufacturing will also change the benefits the mattress provides to the sleepers.
Generally, a plush mattress helps with:
- Relieving joint and muscle pain;
- Aligning the hips
- Relieving back pain;
- Cushioning shoulders;
How Long Will a Plush Mattress Last?
A plush mattress lasts about the same as traditional mattresses i.e 7 to 8 years. Though depending on the quality and material used, some of the best plush mattresses will last for 10 to 15 years.
A mattress’s lifespan depends less on the firmness and softness level, and more on the material used. Different types will deteriorate at a different rate than others:
- Memory foam lasts for 7 to 10 years.
- Latex lasts for 8 to 15 years.
- Hybrid lasts for 5 to 7 years.
- Innersprings last for 5 to 6 years.
Plush mattresses have always been favourable among sleepers, and they continue to grow in popularity. A large selection is available in the market now, but with the help of our review, you will surely find the best plush mattress for yourself.
What does a plush mattress mean?
The word “plush” basically refers to a super soft mattress. These mattresses have a surface that is soft and comfortable, creating a sinking feeling to the sleeper. You might have also heard of ultra-plush mattresses which are extra soft and offer more comfort to the sleeper.
Is a plush mattress good for your sleeping?
A plush mattress is highly recommended for people that sleep on their sides or backs. Plush mattresses conform to the joints and support the pressure points of the body thereby relieving it of pain. Unless it starts causing pain to the hips and other parts, consider replacing your mattress.
Do plush mattresses wear out faster?
A plush mattress usually has a latex core that is soft and flexible, providing some level of support for side and back sleepers. Although the mattress is meant to last for at least 5 to 7 years, it can wear down faster if used by heavier individuals. It will not take long for a plush mattress to lose its padding and buoyancy after a certain time has passed.
Tags: top rated mattresses, which is better plush or firm mattress, fibromyalgia mattress, how to buy a mattress, when is the best time to buy a mattress, how often are you supposed to replace your mattress, comfiest mattress for combination sleepers, what is a good pillow top mattress, best custom mattress, best mattress for kids