Top-rated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Mattress toppers are placed on mattresses to add softness to the feel. They are usually between one to four inches tall and instrumental in enhancing the firmness of your mattress. Mattress toppers exist in various types to suit users. While some can be used by all kinds of sleepers, others are suitable for a particular sleeping position. One of the most sought-after mattress toppers is the one made with memory foam.
You may be wondering why people choose memory foam mattress toppers when there are several others. Well, you are about to find out just why a memory foam topper may be the best to buy and how to choose the befitting one.
If you are looking to get a foam mattress topper, we have compiled a list of only the best memory foam mattress toppers 2022 ever designed. The table below contains top-rated memory foam toppers and adequate details you need to know about them.
What Is a Memory Foam Mattress Topper?
Memory foam toppers are made of processed polyurethane which makes them viscoelastic. They are known to generate heat and soften when you sleep on them. That ability makes the topper moldable, helps to relieve pressure, and provides quality sleep for its users.
However, some sleepers are not comfortable sleeping hot. They find it hard to sleep well using this topper because of its heat retaining ability. That has prompted mattress-producing brands to develop memory foam suitable for people who do not like sleeping hot. Such foam toppers are made with a mix of other materials such as gel and bamboo covers for a cooling effect. There are specifications of these toppers made for cold sleepers, which are perforated so that air can flow in them and promote less heat retention.
Memory foam toppers range from soft to firm level. Back sleepers can use the medium to firm memory foam mattress toppers for quality rest.
Main Benefits of Using Memory Foam Mattress Toppers
There are several proven benefits you may enjoy when you choose these popular mattress toppers, and we would be exploring them here:
- Heat retention ability: Solid memory foam toppers conduct heat from your body when you sleep on them and make the mattress warm. As the foam warms up, the mattress begins to conform to your body shape and supports you perfectly. That happens because the memory foam is made from processed plastic. Plastics are known to melt when moved near heat.
- Viscoelasticity: You may already be wondering if the topper would last when your body heat sinks it. Don't fret! After use, the topper starts to bounce back into its original form because of its elasticity. That is why they are called viscoelastic. They conform to support your body shape and bounce back after use.
- Relieves pain: People with joints, back, and spine pain have testified that the memory foam topper worked magic in their bodies. That can be attributed to the heat retention ability again. When you sleep using mattress toppers made with memory foam, they sink and align with the natural curves of your body. The mattress toppers also contort to your spine and provide lumbar support.
- Durability: A good memory foam mattress topper should last for three to five years. The foam does not become lumpy since the materials used in making it are not separated. That saves you the extra cost of changing toppers more than required. You have to take proper care of the toppers to promote longevity.
- Hypoallergenic: The hypoallergenic feature of the memory foam topper is one you should look forward to enjoying. Molds, pet danders, and other allergens cannot penetrate through your mattress because of its density. That means if you are allergic, a topper made with memory foam might be your best option.
The memory foam topper is also useful for people with old mattresses. When the mattress gets old, it loses its firmness and may cause discomfort when you sleep on it. However, with a foam topper, you can provide a temporary solution to old mattress issues and enjoy firmness again.
How to Choose Memory Foam Mattress Toppers?
Not all of these toppers are the same. That is because you will find several mattress topper brands with different ways of processing their materials. Apart from that, the toppers differ in firmness. You need to select the correct topper to enjoy all the benefits we have listed above.
Check out some tips to help choose the suitable memory foam mattress topper below:
- Always consider your sleeping position before purchasing the mattress topper. If you are a back or stomach sleeper, it is advisable to choose a firm topper while side sleepers should go for something softer.
- Pay attention to quality. Some expensive luxury foam mattress toppers are not even as good as those with lesser prices. The denser the foam is, the more quality it tends to be. Choose carefully.
- If you are a hot sleeper, choose a solid topper. For cold sleepers, select a gel-infused or an open-cell topper.
What to Consider When Buying a Memory Foam Mattress Topper?
We do not want you buying the wrong mattress toppers. We have compiled a list of things to consider before making your purchase decision.
- Firmness: Memory foam mattress toppers are made in different firmness levels to suit all kinds of sleepers. It would be a grave mistake for a side sleeper to choose a firm topper. Instead of enjoying pain relief, you might be opening yourself to body aches and discomfort. If you are used to sleeping on your side, go for a soft topper. Other sleepers can use anything from medium to firm toppers.
- Foam combination: Not all memory foam toppers are 100% pure. Almost every one that you come across is mixed. That is because polyurethane, the material used in making the memory foam conforms to heat easily. Without the support of any kind below, the memory foam may sink too much. Some are gel-infused while others are supported with firmer foams. If you are a cold sleeper, buy gel-infused memory foam. A hot sleeper should go for a solid memory foam topper supported by another foam.
- Budget: Consider how much you have budgeted for the cause before selecting a topper. If you look well enough, you will find a quality topper that does not require you to spend extra.
It is usually difficult to make a purchase decision without knowing the correct criteria. That is why we have put together this guide to help you get a stress-free experience buying your memory foam mattress topper. Did you find our memory foam mattress toppers review helpful? Enjoy your new bedroom addition.
Should you flip a memory foam mattress topper?
No. Mattress toppers made with memory foam are usually supported with other types of foam. If you flip it, you won't be sleeping on memory foam, you would be using an uncomfortable foam to sleep.
Is a memory foam topper good for me?
Toppers made from memory foam are good for all sorts of sleepers. It relieves body pain and ensures quality sleep. As long as you buy the right mattress topper, you will enjoy all the benefits they offer.
What size of memory foam mattress topper is best?
That would depend on your weight. Different sizes go for different weights. Anyone who weighs a lot should go for a topper with three or more inches.
Tags: top rated mattress, best affordable air mattress for camping, standard crib mattress, best mattress for back pain reviews, allswell hybrid mattress, natural latex pillow, king size memory foam pillow, leesa memory foam mattress, dreamcloud king mattress, spring mattress during pregnancy