Best Latex mattress Topper
Mattress toppers are one of the handiest bedroom fixes ever. They add firmness to your mattress when placed over it. Perhaps you have an old mattress that has lost its firmness or one that does not seem right, the mattress topper may be your way out. One of the several kinds of toppers you will find in homes is the latex mattress topper. They are known to provide adequate support for their users and quality sleep.
Choosing a latex foam mattress topper for your home may be strenuous and time-consuming. That is because you will find varieties of latex toppers and may have difficulties making a pick.
However, we have put together this guide to assist you in selecting the best latex mattress topper. The table below shows different luxury latex mattress toppers and the information you need to know about them.
Have fun reading through!
What is a Latex Mattress Topper?
Latex mattress toppers are made from processed rubber tree sap. Latex is sometimes referred to as the memory foam upgrade because they have similar benefits. Unlike memory foam, latex is made from natural resources, more comfortable, and healthier. However, not all of them are 100% organic latex mattress toppers. Most of them are made with a mixture of other materials.
Natural Latex mattress toppers could be Dunlop or Talalay.
- Dunlop latex mattress topper: They are open-cell mattress toppers processed with an old technique that makes them dense. Dunlop mattress toppers are suitable for cold sleepers and offer support and comfort to their users. Their firmness level ranges from soft to firm which means all sleepers can use the Dunlop latex mattress toppers and still enjoy the benefits.
- Talalay latex mattress toppers: The Talalay is another form of latex topper. They are springier and bouncier than the other latex mattress toppers. Talalay latex mattress toppers are an upgrade to Dunlop. They have almost the same features as the Dunlop latex mattress toppers. However, they go through an advanced process to finish. They are highly breathable and suitable for cold sleepers too. The main difference between the Talalay and the Dunlop latex is that the former is firmer and denser. Talalay is also more bouncy, lighter, and fluffier.
Main Benefits of Using Latex Mattress Toppers
First of all, you should be aware that there are three types of these interesting toppers based on materials. They are natural, blended, and synthetic. Natural Latex mattress toppers are made from 100% organic resources. That means they are solely created with sap from rubber trees. While the blended versions are a mixture of natural and synthetic latex with a ratio of 30 to 70. Synthetic latex is made from derived materials that are similar to the feel of natural latex.
All three types of latex offer similar benefits because there is not much difference in their feel. However, as a general rule of thumb, it is more advisable to stick to the natural ones or toppers that have higher natural latex than synthetic ones. That is because synthetic latex mattress toppers do not usually last for a long time when observed relatively. They are not as high in quality when compared to their organic counterparts.
Some of the benefits of natural latex mattress toppers include:
- Pain relief: It is true that organic latex mattress toppers may not contour as much as memory foam. However, they offer enough support for your body. They help align the spine and ease pain in your joints and lower back. People with back pain will find these organic latex toppers more suitable to their needs because of the extra support that they provide for the spine.
- Hypoallergenic: Another benefit the latex topper provides is that it prevents allergens from penetrating.
Pet dander, dust mites, and other allergens will find it hard to get into a latex mattress topper because of the materials used in making them.
The only person whose allergy may be triggered is someone who is allergic to latex. If you react to tree rubber, you should go for the synthetic version instead.
- Durability: Mattress toppers made with natural latex usually last longer than their synthetic counterparts. Natural latex mattress toppers especially can last over six years if taken care of properly. It does not become lumpy at any point, and it bounces back to its original form after use.
- Breathability: Cold sleepers will enjoy using mattress toppers made with latex because of their breathable attribute. Most of them are open-celled and allow air to flow around the topper. This feature causes the mattress topper to retain less heat, creating and maintaining the most favorable conditions for a cool temperature.
How to Choose the Best Latex Mattress Topper?
Mattress brands design latex mattress toppers made with latex in various styles. That means some toppers may be more qualified than others. You should keep your eyes open so as not to purchase an inferior mattress topper.
The first thing you should look out for is the combination. As you may have read earlier, latex mattress toppers can be natural, blended, or synthetic. Natural latex mattress toppers may be expensive. However, they are more durable and possess a higher level of quality. If you have decided to go for a latex topper, the price should not be a surprise. However, if you are allergic to tree rubber, choose artificial latex toppers. Back and stomach sleepers will be comfortable using a firm latex mattress topper. If you like sleeping on your side, consider toppers with a soft firmness level for maximum comfort.
What To Consider When Buying a Latex Mattress Topper?
There are things to consider before adding a latex mattress topper to your cart. Check out:
- Topper's firmness: If you are a side sleeper, go for a soft latex topper. Back and stomach sleepers can go for either medium or firm toppers.
- Latex type: Luxury latex mattress toppers are made with 100% natural resources. Those are the types you should purchase if you want high-quality and long-lasting mattress toppers.
- Topper size: For someone who weighs extra, you should consider a 4 inches thick topper. That will support your weight better and provide you with a good night's sleep. You may also prefer to go for a thick topper if you do not mind the added height.
Buying the correct latex mattress topper may be time-consuming and frustrating when you do not know the criteria to choose. However, we hope this guide has helped to solve strenuous shopping and promote a better experience. Did you find our best latex mattress topper reviews handy? Enjoy using your new mattress topper!
Is latex mattress topper hot?
No, mattress toppers made from latex are not hot. They are open-celled. This means that air circulates inside them, causing a cooling effect.
What is the best latex mattress topper?
The best latex mattress topper for you would depend on some factors. Such factors include your sleeping position, weight, and budget. Your best bet will be to choose according to the criteria we listed in this guide.
Are latex mattress toppers toxic?
Mattresses made with natural latex are not toxic unless you are allergic to latex. The natural resources used in creating them make natural latex eco-friendly. So, do not fret.
Tags: best mattresses ever, custom mattress topper, gel memory foam vs regular memory foam, bear memory foam mattress, layla mattress, guide to buying a good mattress, which mattress is good for neck pain, bamboo shredded memory foam pillow, cooling mattress topper queen, pillows for neck pain