Ghostbed Mattress Review
First released in 2015, the GhostBed mattress is Nature's Sleep’s bed-in-a-box designed to offer a comfortable, supportive, convenient mattress option. As the culmination of 35+ years of mattress design experience, the Ghost mattress is a latex foam mattress that engages industry ingenuity at a budget-friendly price. This GhostBed review will look at what is inside the company's top mattress and how these features function compared to other mattresses on the market. Additionally, with three other mattresses being launched since the GhostBed's initial release, this post will offer brief GhostBed mattress reviews for all models available to help you decide which is the right option for you.
Structure and Design of GhostBed Mattress
The first step in understanding what separates the GhostBed from other mattresses in the market is looking inside the bed itself. Using only high-quality material, the Ghost bed mattress features a four-layer design:
- The Plush Cover: The GhostBed's top layer features a plush cover blend of viscose and polyester. This soft material gives the mattress a smooth, breathable feel.
- 1.5" of Aerated non-allergic Latex foam: Just below the softcover is a layer of soft aerated latex foam. The small holes of this layer pull heat away from the body and function to maintain temperatures for a cool, comfortable sleep throughout the night. Additionally, instead of the more traditional memory foam, latex gives the mattress a firmer, more supportive feel.
- 2" of Gel memory foam: Featuring larger cells than the traditional memory foam mattress, this 2" thick comfort layer helps disperse body heat while enhancing the pressure relief to the top of the bed.
- 7.5" high-density base: The highly durable high-density foam core of the mattress works to maintain spinal alignment while keeping the bed firm, steady, and supportive.
Benefits of Using GhostBed Mattress
There have been many GhostBed reviews since the mattress's initial release that attest to the bed's comfort and support, and we find that the mattress lives up to the hype. The GhostBed's innovative design comes together to boast some effective performance results. Let's take a look at some of the most compelling features it offers to ensure you have your most comfortable night's sleep possible.
- Firmness and Feel: The high-density support foam gives the GhostBed a medium-firm feel, but some contouring can still be felt from the gel memory foam layer at the bed's center. Overall, the mattress offers a heavily supportive feel with an excellent bounce, making it ideal for combination sleepers that flip from the stomach to back throughout the night.
- Temperature control: What really sets the GhostBed mattress apart is its cooling features. The combination of gel and latex foams gives the mattress optimal heat dispersion capabilities. At the same time, the perforated second layer allows for breathability that leaves its users cool, comfortable, and fresh.
- Edge support: The high-density foam construction of the mattress gives the bed very strong and sturdy edge support. Sleepers will feel comfortable and secure even if relegated to the side of the bed.
- Durability: Along with its strong edge support, the mattress overall is constructed with high-quality materials. The mattress is highly durable and should support a comfortable night's sleep for years to come. And, if it doesn't, the GhostBed mattress warranty lasts for 20 years.
- Pressure relief and Support: The GhostBed memory foam mattress offers the perfect combination of pressure relief and support with medium-firm stiffness. The bed's contouring memory foam layer allows for optimal spinal alignment. At the same time, the latex and high-density base provides enough support to the hips and shoulders to disperse weight evenly to maximize pain relief.
- Motion transfer: While its firmness is excellent for support and combination sleepers, it does come with a drawback to its motion transfer. The bounce that comes with the mattress is not isolated, which can be a negative when sharing the bed with your partner.
Average Prices and Sizing of GhostBed Mattress
Ranging from $945 to $2190, the GhostBed is very budget-friendly, considering the high-quality materials put into it. In addition, GhostBed offers mattresses according to all the standard bed sizes. Considering which mattresses are best for which kinds of sleepers, let's look at each GhostBed mattress size and what you can expect to pay for each category.
- Twin: Starting at $945, GhostBed's twin-sized mattress is the company's most affordable option. However, as the smallest mattress available, the twin is best suited for children and guestrooms.
- Twin XL: adding slightly more length to the regular twin, the GhostBed twin XL is best suited for taller individuals and is regularly priced at $1,095.
- Full: GhostBed's full mattress is regularly priced at $1,295 and is best suited for couples on a budget.
- Queen: At $1,395, GhostBed's queen mattress is the most common-sized bed. It offers more room for couples sharing a bed than the full-sized mattress.
- King: Adding more luxurious comfort to the bed, The Ghost mattress king-sized bed is regularly marked with a $1,695 price tag.
- Cal King: For $1,720, the GhostBed's Cal king mattress offers more length for taller sleepers and couples but does come at the consequence of some of the regular king's width.
- Split King: Considering the GhostBed lacks the motion isolation of some of its competitors, the split king mattress is the optimal choice for couples with differing sleep preferences. The GhostBed split king mattress is regularly priced at $2,190.
GhostBed Mattress Models Available
While the original model remains the company's most bought mattress, GhostBed has launched three different models since their conception. With a variety to choose from, each model has its own pros and cons that cater to four distinct kinds of sleepers. Let's look at how some of these other models compare to the classic GhostBed design.
- GhostBed Luxe: This model is the best option for those looking for a cool night's sleep. This mattress boasts some impressive cooling technology, including an auto-adjusting heat-sensor Ghost ice layer that regulates your body temperature. This model also features a slightly softer feel, with a medium-plush firmness that offers heightened pressure relief and motion isolation.
- GhostBed Flex: This model is GhostBed's Hybrid mattress option. With a medium-luxury firmness, this mattress offers a combination of High-density foam and individually wrapped coils for the best combination of support and comfort.
- GhostBed 3D Matrix: This top-of-the-line GhostBed mattress boasts all the top features of the other GhostBed models. With a cool Ghost Ice cover, the exclusive GhostBounce layer, and high-density foam technology, the GhostBed 3D Matrix is the most luxurious mattress available.
The GhostBed is an excellent budget-friendly mattress that emphasizes support and comfort. And while the classic model falls short only on motion isolation, the company features their innovative designs in four different models that aim to meet your unique sleep needs. Overall, considering its high-quality materials and durability, the GhostBed may be one of the best-valued mattresses on the market.
Which GhostBed mattress is the best?
Boasting all of the best features of the other models, the best GhostBed mattress is the GhostBed 3D matrix. However, each model offers a unique experience, and it is vital to choose the bed that best fits your sleep needs.
Who needs a GhostBed mattress?
With four models available, there is a GhostBed mattress perfect for every kind of sleeper. These mattresses are perfect for anybody looking for a cool, comfortable, refreshing sleep.
What is the main feature of the GhostBed mattress?
The GhostBed offers numerous features and innovations. However, with that said, perhaps the most significant aspect of these mattresses is their cooling capabilities. Through the use of several exclusive technologies, the GhostBed makes for a cool and comfortable night's sleep.
Tags: best mattresses ever, full body pillows, best bed pillows, different firmness of mattress, good air mattress, best mattress for hip bursitis, best memory foam pillow for side sleepers, long pregnancy pillow, memory foam mattress topper reviews, helix mattress review