Cooling Mattress Pads
Hot sleepers can prove the fact that cooling comforters and lightweight sheets help you in sleeping more comfortably. What most people don’t know, however, is that the mattress helps to create the most ideal sleep conditions. One way of achieving this is using a cooling mattress pad. The best cooling mattress pad will either allow airflow or trap heat, keeping you sweat-free all night long.
For most sleepers, their mattresses alone do not provide all the cushioning and cooling they need. As a remedy to this issue, cooling mattress pads come in quite handy. Heating and cooling mattress pads are particularly luxurious options. With so many temperature cooling mattress pad options in the market, choosing the right product can be quite intimidating.
Sometimes, you will find yourself asking yourself one question, "do cooling mattress pads work?" Well, today we are here to put your mind at ease. We’ll provide you with all the insight you need when it comes to matters cooling mattress pads. This information is based on honest cooling mattress pad reviews. All brands we recommend have gone through rigorous testing by our team of experts. The table below presents our top picks for the best cooling mattress pads.
What is a Cooling Mattress Pad?
A regular mattress pad performs two major roles: enhancing your mattress’s comfort level, and protecting your mattress from contaminants and spills. A cooling mattress pad, on the other hand, comes enabled with a third function. It helps in the regulation of your mattress’s temperature, keeping you highly comfortable in your sleep. Most cooling mattress pads are categorized as either passive or active cooling pads.
An active cooling mattress pad is designed to cool your mattress by circulating water or air in a bid to maintain a comfortable and steady temperature across the surface of your mattress. This electric cooling mattress pad usually comes with a remote or dial, and in most cases, it is programmed to a particular temperature setting.
Some technologically advanced models are linked to smartphone software applications. Another smart innovation is the dual heating and cooling mattress pad. This is a cooling mattress pad that comes with both a heating and cooling temperature system, seeing to it that you get nothing short of a comfortable nights’ sleep.
A passive cooling mattress pad is usually made of breathable materials meant to draw heat away without regulating the surface temperature actively. Such materials include gel, phase-change material, and copper. Shell fabrics, such as bamboo rayon, Tencel, and cotton, all of which are breathable, also enhance the cooling properties of the waterproof cooling mattress pad.
- Cost-effectiveness: The main advantage of king-size cooling mattress pad and queen-size cooling mattress pad options is the fact that they are quite cost-effective. Buying a cooling mattress pad is way much cheaper as compared to purchasing a brand-new mattress. With the best-rated cooling mattress pad, you get to enjoy a comfortable and cool night’s sleep, without having to compromise comfort for cost. Getting yourself a cooling mattress pad literally gives you the best of both spheres!
- Humidity control: If you live in a place with a warm climate, you are likely familiar with humid conditions. With such conditions, overheating and insomnia are nearly always the norm. The good thing with a cooling mattress pad is that you do not have to consider moving from your place of residence. Our list above provides you with the best cooling mattress pad for hot flashes.
- Balanced Sleep: A top-rated cooling mattress pad will give you a highly balanced sleep, seeing as it cradles your body, giving it the perfect level of support, while aligning your spinal cord. With the right cooling mattress pad, the pressure gets taken off your shoulders and hips, leaving you feeling refreshed all day. If you are looking for extra support, as a result of back pains, for instance, be sure to go for the best cooling mattress pad for memory foam from our list above.
How to Choose
- Materials: For all cooling mattress pads, the materials in question are crucial in decision making. The higher the quality of materials used, the more effective the cooling properties. Natural materials, for instance, cotton and bamboo, facilitate airflow in a better way. Our cooling mattress pad for memory foam reviews show that pads infused with ventilated gel regulate your mattress`s temperature more effectively.
- Key Features: Some cooling mattress pads come with hypoallergenic properties, making them ideal for users who suffer from allergies. Others have motion transfer features which means that the sleeper will not feel the entire bed shake when they shift their sleep position. Such pads are suitable for couples. If you are in search of a waterproof cooling mattress pad, you would opt for a latex fitted type.
- Density: Every cooling mattress pad is enabled differently when it comes to thickness. If you have a thin and rather firm mattress, be sure to go for a thicker pad as it offers better support. However, medium-firm mattress pads are universally comfortable for all sleepers.
- Purpose: While most cooling mattress pad options are meant to regulate the temperature of your mattress, there are times when the user desires more. If you are looking for pressure relief, be sure to go for the ones fitted with features to alleviate pain and pressure from your joints. Choose a cooling mattress pad that best works for you depending on your individual preference. Latex cooling pads come in handy if you need some extra joint and back support in your sleep.
What to Consider When Buying a Cooling Mattress Pad
In your choice of cooling mattress pad, there are certain factors that you will need to put into consideration. These include, but are not limited to:
- Firmness Level.
- Hypoallergenic features.
- Natural, organic, and vegan choices.
There is nothing as annoying, not to mention gross, as waking up drenched in your won sweat! If this has been a frequent occurrence, chances are that you’ve blamed your blankets or sheets. While these two could have something to do with the situation, the actual culprit, in most cases, happens to be your mattress. A cooling mattress pad is something that not only regulates your bed’s temperature but also protects your mattress from damage and other contaminants. We seek to provide you with the best cooling mattress pad reviews, so you can rest assured that the list above contains brands that have been expertly tried and tested.
What is the best cooling mattress pad for me?
When buying your cooling mattress pad, you need to pay attention to certain considerations as an individual. You need to consider the main purpose of the mattress pad. If you have an allergy to dust or anything else, a hypoallergenic option would suit you best. If you are sensitive to chemicals, one made from natural materials such as bamboo would be great.
How do I clean my cooling mattress pad?
A majority of passive cooling pads are washing machine friendly; however, take note of the particular care instructions to the brand you are using. The usual norm is to clean them using cold/warm water then tumble-dry them under low heat settings. Active cooling pads are more sensitive, and some should not be machine-washed.
How does a cooling mattress pad attach to the bed?
In most cases, a full-size cooling mattress pad is easy to fit. Most feature an elastic band deployed by sewing it on the pad’s perimeter to fit. This side panel then goes all around the mattress’s sides, with the continuous band going all around the hem.
What is the difference between a mattress topper and a mattress pad?
Most people tend to use both terms interchangeably, which should not be the case. Mattress pads are lighter in density as compared to toppers. While mattress pads can be used to offer protection to your mattress, mattress toppers are mostly used for a support function.
Tags: best mattresses ever, best mattress for sciatic nerve pain, when can a baby have a pillow, best bed mattress for snoring, what mattress is best for shoulder pain, queen futon mattress, gel infused memory foam mattress, orthopedic mattress review, full xl mattress measurements, what is a twin xl mattress