Top-quality Pillows for Camping
If you are an avid camper, there is a fair chance you’ve contemplated whether or not to take a camping pillow on your most recent adventures. With that said, pillows for camping are still in the adoption phase, in all honesty. But we can tell you now, these are a great way of ensuring a better night's sleep while enjoying the great outdoors. For that exact reason, we’ve listed the best camping pillows available in the market in the table below.
But beyond simply listing the top camping pillows you can purchase right now, it’s important that you understand some of the more intricate details on this topic. All of this is discussed below.
What Is a Camping Pillow?
The clue is kind of in the name here. But just for clarification, a camping pillow is a pillow that you take with you when camping. We did say the clue was in the description! The idea behind camping pillows is that they are small, easy to transport, and above all, comfortable enough to give users a better night of sleep. After all, if you are to get the most from your outdoor adventures, you’ll want to be well-rested and full of energy for each day exploring.
To understand which these are, it’s best to start by identifying the types - as shown in our next section.
Types Of Camping Pillows
Although there are many versions of camping pillows out there today, they tend to all follow three main types. To keep things as clear as possible, we’ve given a brief overview of these three types right here.
- Stuff sack pillows: Of the three types of camping pillows discussed here, this one is probably the most unique. Since you’re assumingly a camper, you’ll likely be used to making do without the utmost levels of comfort and luxury. That’s why stuff sacks have become quite popular. These are quite literally polyester-style sacks that you can fill with soft clothes and then use as a pillow at night. Sure, these camping pillows aren’t as comfortable as others, but they are certainly versatile.
- Air pillows: Many people prefer inflatable pillows for camping, with good reason. Firstly, they are easy to blow up and then take down the next day, ensuring that they won’t take up much space on your travels. Secondly, you can adjust the firmness of these pillows with ease, by simply altering how much air you put in them. And finally, these aren’t particularly expensive either, as you are only paying for the materials.
- Foam or filled pillows: Foam or filled camping pillows are often referred to as some of the best camping pillows available. Why? Because they are the most similar to what you might sleep on at home. Of course, one type of these is filled with foam, whereas other types can be filled with synthetic materials such as down alternatives and others. These are usually a little pricier than the rest, and they aren’t as transportable since they can’t be deflated. However, they are perhaps the best way to guarantee a good night's sleep when camping. There is also the bonus that these are some of the best camping pillows for side sleepers!
Benefits Of Using Camping Pillows
Once you’ve wriggled through the choice of whether to purchase any camping pillows or not, you might start to think about the benefits of taking such pillows camping.
- A more restful night: It goes without saying that you’re not going to have the same quality of sleep when camping that you might get in a hotel. Most seasoned campers know this, but taking a camping pillow with you is at least a way to improve the quality of sleep you are likely to get. With your head being in a raised position, and not resting it on solid ground, of course, you should be able to enjoy more shut-eye and feel rested for the next day.
- Inexpensive: You don’t need to spend a bunch of money to get a top camping pillow. As you can see from the table above, many of the best camping pillows are pretty inexpensive. Many can be purchased for somewhere around the $10-$20 region, although pricier versions are available for those who have the cash to do so.
- Lightweight and transportable: One of the main reservations people have about buying camping pillows is that they think they won’t be able to transport them easily. Worse — some people think they are heavy and bulky to carry around. However, this isn’t the case, as camping pillows are incredibly lightweight, especially air and stuff sack pillows.
How Long Will a Camping Pillow Last?
Although many pillow experts will tell you that you should replace your pillow every 12-24 months, this rule of thumb doesn’t hold true with camping pillows. With these pillows being cheaper and less durable than other pillow variations, you should try and replace them once a year, in our opinion. This will ensure that you don’t start suffering from poor quality sleep just because your pillows for camping isn’t up to the task anymore.
At this point, we sincerely hope that you are feeling more comfortable with what the best camping pillows involve these days. You should also be aware that there are a bunch of top camping pillows on the market too. However, if you want a little more guidance on your decision, make sure you have a look at our camping pillows reviews!
Are camping pillows good for your sleep?
Yes. Camping pillows are very good for your sleep, and they are better than sleeping without it when camping! With that said, only the best camping pillows can compare to pillows you may use at home.
How do I wash my camping pillow?
Depending on the material, you could just wash it in your regular washing machine at home. Not all materials are machine washable, however, so you may need to soak the pillow instead. Alternatively, if you are looking to wash the pillow while camping, you could go traditional and wash it in a river or lake.
How much do camping pillows cost?
Camping pillows obviously vary in cost depending on the type and brand. But generally speaking, you should be paying somewhere in the $10-$20 region. Anything less than this and it won’t be great quality!
Tags: mattress reviews, best type of mattress for seniors, small futon mattress, are bamboo pillows good, fibro pedic mattress, top pillows for back sleeper, mattress firmness numbers, king vs california king dimensions, mypillow reviews, neck pain pillow