Top-rated Body Pillows
Are you a side sleeper? Do you often find yourself waking up with neck or shoulder pain? If so, you may benefit from using a body pillow.
Body pillows are made to comfort your entire body during slumber, which can help reduce pain and improve your sleep quality.
This article will discuss the best body pillows on the market and how they can benefit you. We will also provide tips for choosing the right pillow for your needs.
So, if you're ready to start sleeping better, keep reading! Below is a table of our top picks for helping you make an informed decision when selecting a body pillow.
What Is a Body Pillow?
Body Pillows have become quite a bedroom staple for single people missing human touch, those who have trouble sleeping, or just those who like extra comfort.
According to some people, body pillows help them get better sleep by easing the force on their joints and enhancing comfort.
Types of Body Pillow
Your body pillow is the only bedtime companion you need. You will snuggle with it every night for many years to come. So here are some tips on choosing the right type of pillow for you!
Some people think that a body pillow is just a big tube stuffed with fibers. And although this is accurate at times, there are many types of pillows on the market. Here is a list of the most popular kinds:
- Down: Down body pillows are filled with feathers, making them soft, warm, and cuddly. It's like sleeping with a teddy bear. They are known for providing excellent support because they settle in perfectly around your shoulders, neck, and head. It's also very lightweight, so you can sleep on either side of the pillow without moving it. Down pillows are costlier than most other pillows, but they will last for a very long time if you treat them well.
- Feather: Feather body pillows are not as popular. They are cheaper, but their support is not as good, nor do they retain heat. They are good if you don't like stuffed pillows or ones that maintain heat.
- Memory Foam: These types of pillows support and mold to your body and neck, so they offer the highest level of comfort. Moreover, they also provide warmth, but because all memory foam pillows are made from chemicals, they can smell stuffy and cause acne breakouts. In addition, some think that the chemicals used to make it could be carcinogenic. However, memory foam is very popular because it can adjust perfectly to your body and neck curves.
- Buckwheat: Buckwheat pillows are great for people with many allergies as buckwheat hulls are a natural anti-allergenic substance. They can also contour to your head, neck, and shoulders perfectly.
- Water: Water pillows are filled with a water bladder. They hold the heat well, and you can adjust the pillow's height by adding or releasing water from the bladder. The downside is that they can be cold, but heating them before bedtime solves this problem.
- Latex: Latex pillows are good because they provide excellent support and conform to your head, neck, and shoulders. They also retain heat well, so the latex is a good choice if you get hot during the night.
- Memory Foam/Latex: Pillows that have both latex and memory foam are becoming more popular. This type of pillow is suitable but don't buy one with too much memory foam. Memory foam is naturally hot, so if your pillow is mainly memory foam, then the pillow will be hot at night.
- U-Shaped pillows: These pillows are amazing for complete body support. It helps provide adequate coverage for all parts of the body and is specifically useful for pregnant women.
- C-Shaped pillows: Much like u-shaped versions, this one also provides very good support for the entire body. However, it also gives users a tighter comfort spot under the buttocks.
- J-Shaped pillows: These pillows can be used with c and u-shaped ones for all-round comfort. However, j-shaped pillows can be used on their own and in varying ways – they can either offer a platform for the head or under the hips.
Benefits Of Using Body Pillow
Living in the modern world means being constantly overworked, usually sleep-deprived, and stressed. People spend an average of 6 hours sleeping each night, which is just not enough.
Many people find themselves tossing and turning at night, unable to get comfortable or fall asleep. This can be highly frustrating for many people, causing them to lose the valuable rest they need to function correctly in their everyday lives.
A body pillow is an excellent way for people who have trouble sleeping or just want a better night's sleep to get the peaceful slumber they deserve each night.
But, since they are so versatile and easy to use, you wonder why more people aren't using them today.
A good-quality body pillow can be invaluable, especially if you want to deepen your relationship with your partner. Below are the top benefits of using a body pillow while sleeping:
Gives You Complete Support
Body pillows give you complete support by cradling your head, back, and legs while lying down. The long shape makes it perfect for bending around your body, which is why it gives you complete support. In addition, your body needs a restful sleep to rejuvenate itself, and your body pillow helps you get a great night's sleep every night.
Can Help You During Pregnancy
Using luxury body pillows during pregnancy has shown to help women get a better night's sleep, especially in the last trimester. When pregnant, her body will go through many changes, including her belly. In addition, in the last trimester, a woman's legs and back can cramp up due to the weight she carries. Therefore, good-quality body pillows for women are designed to give expecting mothers complete support all night long.
Helps With Acid Reflux
Acid reflux can be awful, causing you to wake up in the middle of the night with a burning sensation in your chest. A good body pillow goes a long way in helping people suffering from acid reflux get some quality sleep at night. Your pillow fills in the gap between your head and your chest or arm, giving you more comfort and support, which will help you breathe easier while laying down.
Optimizes Pleasure During Intercourse
While it may sound strange to some, intimate relations with your partner can be more enjoyable when you use a body pillow. The extra support the pillow provides helps take pressure off your back and stomach, thus increasing pleasure.
How Long Will a Body Pillow Last?
Body pillows are a versatile and valuable tool for people of all ages. If you have been struggling to sleep, take a look at the different types of body pillows available on the market today.
You'll be surprised how much better your quality of life will become after you purchase one of the top-rated body pillows!
Which type did you choose? What other factors influenced your decision about which pillow is best suited for you? Share in the comments below. We'd love to hear from you!
Also, check out our reviews; maybe you will make a better decision by taking others' reviews into account.
Are Body Pillows Good for Your Sleep?
They can provide support for your back, neck, and legs. They can also help you sleep better by relieving pressure on your joints and muscles.
How Do I Wash My Body Pillow?
To wash your body pillow, you should hand-wash it with mild soap in cold water and then let it air dry.
How Much Do Body Pillows Cost?
Body Pillows can cost anywhere from $20-$100 depending on the materials used and where they were bought.
Tags: top mattresses, hotel down pillows, best pillows for side sleepers, zoey sleep pillow reviews, california king mattress pillow top, king size bed pillows, innerspring futon mattresses, olympic queen memory foam mattress, layla king mattress, best down alternative pillows reviews